The Company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses the personal data of its workforce, and to meeting its data protection obligations. This policy sets out the Company’s commitment to data protection, and individual rights and obligations in relation to personal data.
This policy applies to the personal data of job applicants, employees, workers, contractors, volunteers, interns, apprentices and former employees, referred to as HR-related personal data.
The Company has appointed Amanda Perrett as its data protection officer. Her role is to inform and advise the Company on its data protection obligations. She can be contacted at [email protected] Questions about this policy, or requests for further information, should be directed to the data protection officer.
“Personal data” is any information that relates to an individual who can be identified from that information. Processing is any use that is made of data, including collecting, storing, amending, disclosing or destroying it.
“Special categories of personal data” means information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sex life or sexual orientation and biometric data.
“Criminal records data” means information about an individual’s criminal convictions and offences, and information relating to criminal allegations and proceedings.
Data protection principles
The Company processes HR-related personal data in accordance with the following data protection principles:
• The Company processes personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
• The Company collects personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
• The Company processes personal data only where it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing.
• The Company keeps accurate personal data and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is rectified or deleted without delay.
• The Company keeps personal data only for the period necessary for processing.
• The Company adopts appropriate measures to make sure that personal data is secure, and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
The Company tells individuals the reasons for processing their personal data, how it uses such data and the legal basis for processing in its privacy notices. It will not process personal data of individuals for other reasons.